When I was about 10 years old I had the pleasure or dumb luck to meet a group of girls who by the grace of God are still my squad. As a matter of fact, we’ve been known to call ourselves the “Quad Squad”. Don’t poke fun at us. I know we are not the only group of friends who named our clique in the 80’s and 90’s! To this day these ladies are my biggest fans, most constructive critics, exercise buddies, “tea” spillers, and prayer partners. I have been beyond blessed to add a handful of other “besties” to my inner circle in addition to them.
Most of you know that having Accountability is critical to success when building new healthy habits. Having the wrong person as your accountability partner can hinder your success as well. The right person will be able to call you out when you’re slacking and at the same time make you feel like you are capable of achieving anything! I’ve had really great accountability partners and equally terrible ones over the years! Here are a few questions to ask yourself when looking for an accountability partner. If you can answer “yes” to most of these you are well on your way to #SquadGoalsAchieved:
- Is this person a good listener?
- Do you speak with them often?
- Do they have enough moxie to call you to the carpet?
- Do they say things that make you go “hmmm…”?
- Does this person share similar goals?
- Have they already achieved their goals or closer to them than you are?
- Are they hopeful or optimistic?
- Do they get excited the way you like people to get excited when you share good news?
- Are you just a tad bit afraid of them?
If you can’t think of anyone who meets most of this criteria let me offer you a suggestion. At Fit & Fab Girls’ Weekend in November you’ll meet other ladies who share your drive to live your best life. Join us and build your squad! In the meantime, you can follow me on Instagram or Facebook for regular doses of inspiration.
Love your page! Thanks for the inspiration!